Friday, January 08, 2010

8/365 No cobwebs here!

It's been a long time since my fireplace has seen this much activity. This week starting a fire has been the first order of business when I get home everyday. It's not that the house is cold, or even that the fake fire logs put out that much heat. It's just the good feeling I get from having a fire going and sitting next to it with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. I have been known to turn the air conditioner on, or open the windows when it is chilly outside so I can have a fire in the fireplace. That has definitely not been necessary this week and for now I am really enjoying it.

1 comment:

EJG said...

I can hear the cracklin' of the flame. Great picture!!!