Tuesday, May 06, 2008

His eye in on the sparrow.....

We have a sparrow that decided to build a nest in our garage. I wonder sometimes if she regrets her decision. But, I should probably go back to the beginning.....
Some weeks ago a sparrow flew into the kitchen through the door from the garage. She landed on the table with a piece of plastic in her beak apparently working on her nest. I shooed her out of the house afraid she might find herself caught up in the ceiling fans. I didn't think too much about it until a few days later when I noticed the beginnings of a birds nest in a flower pot on a shelf in our garage. I kept an eye on it and noticed one morning that we had four eggs. They were really small about the size of jelly beans. We now have four baby birds who proceed to open their mouths every time I go outside. The mama bird doesn't seem to mind me too much. I find myself talking to her every morning telling her what a good job she is doing. I am amazed at how small the birds are....Gives me a new perspective on the Hymn. His eye is on the sparrow, and I know he watches me! If I can figure out how to do it I will try to get pictures.

1 comment:

JSG said...

You guys definitely needed more kids around the house! I wonder how long they'll stay?