Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Difficult Tuesdays.....

Every other Tuesday night is difficult at our house....We are on a visitation plan based loosely on Ackerman. Basically, I have the majority of the school year and their dad has the majority of the summer. During the school year the kids go to their dad's home every other Wed. after school and stay until Monday after school. I get the first five days of summer and the last five days of summer and ten days in the middle. I get to choose the ten days one year and their dad gets to choose which ten days I get the next year. I don't like the plan at all but, I really don't know that there is any better way to do it...I think they need stability during the school year, so this is what we have worked out even though I don't get to have very many of the carefree days of summer.

I am sure that once they get to their dad's they are fine...It is the leaving that is hard...Then there are Mikes kids who are with us all the time...I know they would like some time with their mom but Minnesota is just too far away...

There really is no perfect solution so we just do our best to make it work.

No comments: